Sunday, August 18, 2013

Late Night Thoughts



University- A Poem By Kelsey Lee

Goodbye to those who said hello,
who opened the doors of fate.
I'm leaving now and gone forever,
but the months are only eight.

I'm leaving now, across this land
that feels like over the sea,
taking me away to find myself;
the me I'm supposed to be.

Gone from the place of innocence
where I learnt 'why' and 'how.'
Thrown into an unknown world:
goodbye, I'm leaving now.

No family to hold me tight,
no friends to comfort the soul.
I'm leaving now for a lonely task
to create a reborn whole.

Uncertainty is my sole companion
as I leave the safe haven behind,
and innocence will become strength
for a woman redefined.

Farewell to the ones who taught me life,
there's no time for pain or grieving.
I love you much, with all my heart,
but so long, for I am leaving.

My heart will never ache for you
except when I'm alive.
I will not weep or feel the pain
unless six follows five.

I'm leaving now, to seek the future,
ambition in my bloodstream.
My innocence is gone forever,
and traded for a dream.


No comments:

Post a Comment